Monday, April 30, 2012

Trying to Be Tech Savvy

I really am trying to integrate technology with the curriculum for the dyslexia program that I teach.  Like most things, the ideas in my head are much better than they actually turn out.  The best use of technology integration, so far, is my SMART Board.  It is ideal for a multisensory program!! No brainer, it's a keeper.
Now I'm trying to sort out my other options.  I have been to workshops and conferences where I've learned about Edmodo, Google Docs, LiveBinders, iPads in the classroom...the list goes on and on.  I am such a techno-nerd that I am excited about every one of them!  The problem is, do they all really have a practical purpose in my classroom?  That's my goal for the summer - find the best 2 or 3 tech tools for my students and my program.
This year has been a year of discovery and next year will be a year of implementation!
Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment